Please note that AFMA cannot answer questions about individual Farmers Markets. If you are interested in becoming a vendor at a particular market please contact them directly!
AFMA aims to help you find the information you are looking for. As such, we are constantly updating this page as new information becomes available.
If your question has not been answered here, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
General information on Alberta Farmers’ Markets and AFMA
- How do I start selling my products at a Farmers’ market?
- What is the difference between approved and public markets? How do I start a new Approved Farmers’ Market?
- If I sell products at an approved Alberta Farmers’ Market, can I sell my products other places?
- Do I need any special courses or qualifications to sell food products at Farmers Market?
- Is it mandatory for a vendor to have insurance?
- How do I qualify to become a member of AFMA?
- I am a vendor having a problem with my market manager, what can I do?
- I would like to start selling my craft beer and the farmers’ market what kind of license do I need?
Food handling and labelling
- I would like to sell baking at an Alberta Farmers Market, what do I need to know to get started?
- What are the labelling requirements for food vendors?
- What are the labelling requirements for meat?
- Are there any labelling requirements for cosmetic products?
- How do I contact Alberta Health Services in my region or find a public health inspector?